The effort aims to protect national land from coastal disasters and to increase the value of the coastal ecosystems, and to upgrade the quality of life through improving and restoring coastal environment. It also aims to improve coastal environment damaged by indiscriminate development or natural disasters. It further aims to ensure the efficient national land management through preventing the spread of costal erosions and restoring coastlines.
- Project overview
- Project site: Goseong-gun, Sokcho-si, Yangyang-gun, and Gangneung-si.
- Project period: October 2018 through December 2019.
- Project budget: 173.9 billion won.
Directions for implementing the project
- It aims to create a safe coastal axis by focusing coastal preservation on prevention.
- It aims to improve sea waters by presupposing environmental restoration.
- It aims to create eco-friendly waterfronts and enable public access.
|Division||Total budget||Through 2013||2014 budget||2015 budget||2016 budget|
|Project for creating sediment control facilities at the outlet of Yeongrang Lake||91||91||-||-||-|
|Namhangjin-ri coastal reclamation project||244||238||1||1||4|
|Sokcho Beach Resort Coastal Reclamation Project||296||12||16||47||321|
|Cheongho District Coastal Reclamation Project||47||4||-||4||39|
|Namae Beach Resort Coastal Reclamation Project||304||17||63||-||224|
|Yeongjin & Gyohang District Coastal Reclamation Project||487||8||20||43||416|
|Yeongjin & Gyohang District Coastal Reclamation Project||170||-||11||20||139|
* Large projects that cost minimum 20 billion won each are implemented by the country, while smaller projects that cost maximum 20 billion won each are carried out by local governments (with 70% as national fund and 30% as local fund): according to Coast Management Act.